Install SSL certificate on Domaincheck web hosting
Table of Contents
- Login to our control panel at https://cp.domaincheck.co.uk/cp
- If the hosting package you want to upgrade is not displayed; Choose the hosting plan you want to update from the “Subscription” drop-down box in the top-right corner.
- On the “Websites and Domains” tab, click the “SSL Certificates” or “Secure your sites” button
- Click “Add SSL certificate”
- Enter a name for this SSL Certificate so that you later recognise it
- Scroll down to the “Upload the certificate as text” section.
- Copy & Paste the Private Key, SSL certificate and the CA Certificate information into the relevant boxes.
Be sure to include the lines that mark the start and the end of each certificate section. For example, include the lines “—–BEGIN CERTIFICATE—–” and “—–END CERTIFICATE—–” when you are copy & pasting.
If you don’t have the certificate information to hand, refer to the certificate email sent to you by the certificate authority. The email sent to you by the certificate authority will contain the SSL certificate itself. It may also contain the “CA Certificate” or will provide information on how to download the CA Certificate.
If you purchased your SSL certificate through Domaincheck, you can find your Private Key by following this helpdesk article.
- Click the “Upload Certificate” or “Send Text” button and you’ll be taken back to the SSL Certificate List, with your new certificate showing in the list.
- Click the “Websites & Domains” tab to be taken back to the main menu
- Click the “Hosting Settings” button
- Tick the “SSL Support” box and then choose your new SSL certificate from the drop-down menu.
- Click “OK”. Within 5 minutes your new SSL certificate will be active!